Reading & Writing Class
Improve your Reading & Writing Skills
Writing in American English is difficult for most English students. Academic and business writing is much different in the United States. Our teachers will help you learn to write good paragraphs, essays, research papers, etc. With class sizes averaging 5 students, your teacher will help you individually. Reading topics help you with the writing assignments and exercises. 6 hours of class time per week. A new session starts every month and lasts 4 weeks.
This class is designed to improve students’ ability to read and write in English. The course focuses on the development of critical thinking skills and academic skills related to reading and writing. The class introduces a variety of authentic sources from different genres that the students will work with to improve their skills and expand their vocabulary.
- Study 6 hours per week for 4 weeks, Monday to Thursday, 12:40 pm – 1:55 pm, Friday 9 to 10:30 am.
- Learn to write proper sentences, paragraphs and compositions.
- Learn skills such as making an outline to write better papers.
- Practice proofreading your own writing to improve style and make less mistakes.
- Increase your reading comprehension skills for better understanding and speed.
- See Conversa’s Schedule for more information on class times.
NorthStar, published by Pearson
- Builds critical thinking skills to use prior knowledge, classify and evaluate information, and more.
- Learn how to predict reasons, identify main ideas and interpret readings.
- Learn how to organize your writings, create topic sentences, write effective introductions & conclusions.
- Reading topics are on work, money, art & entertainment, education and life in general.
Price for 4 week class
- $225 for classes
- $20 academic fees: includes computer lab, book rental, writing materials, wifi.
- $50 book deposit per book
Conversa Language Center is in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, a fun and exciting city of over 2 million people! To learn more about learning English in Cincinnati, click here. To apply, download our and send it via email or fax or use Conversa’s online application.
Partner Universities – No TOEFL Needed
If you have trouble passing the TOEFL test, we can help. Conversa has agreements with Universities who accept Conversa graduates without a TOEFL score. Please see our list of Universities for more information.