Conversation & Pronunciation Class
Improve your Conversation and Pronunciation Skills
Our small group classes are ideal for improving your conversation. With class sizes averaging 5 students, you have a lot of time to speak in class. Class topics are interesting and help you learn new vocabulary. Special pronunciation exercises help you speak words correctly. And you will learn proper stress and intonation. 4 hours of class time per week. A new session starts every month and lasts 4 weeks.
Students are tested at the end of each week to track their pronunciation and communicative abilities with a test or presentation. Students are expected to demonstrate comprehensibility in individual pronunciation skills taught each week and show good to excellent skills in the areas of communication, grammar, vocabulary, conversation strategy and fluency in their conversation communicative ability.
- Study 4 hours a week, Monday to Thursday, 2 pm – 3 pm
- Improve your speaking skills with new topics and vocabulary every week.
- Pronunciation drills help you speak difficult sounds in English.
- Presentations and Projects give you confidence to speak to groups.
- See Conversa’s Schedule for more information on class times.
Focus on Pronunciation, published by Pearson
- Focuses on correctly pronouncing vowel and consonant combinations.
- Practice sessions build accuracy with interesting listening and speaking tasks and games.
- Has drawings of the human mouth to show how sounds are made.
- Uses audio recordings to help you hear and repeat correct sound, stress and intonation.
- Classroom CDs provide a complete Audio Program.
A Conversation Book, published by Pearson
- Topics include Daily Life, Foods, Friends, School, Work, Medicine, Transportation and Work.
- Teaches strategies like compare and contrast, participate in discussions, make presentations.
- Drawings that help you understand the topics and learn vocabulary.
- Uses vocabulary lists for new topics and help you remember and prepare for tests.
Price for 4 week class
- $225 for classes
- $20 academic fees: includes computer lab, book rental, writing materials, wifi.
- $50 book deposit per book
Conversa Language Center is in Cincinnati, Ohio, United States, a fun and exciting city of over 2 million people! Learn more about learning English in Cincinnati. To apply, download our and send it via email or fax or use Conversa’s online application.
Partner Universities – No TOEFL Needed
If you have trouble passing the TOEFL test, we can help. Conversa has agreements with Universities who accept Conversa graduates without a TOEFL score. Please see our list of Universities for more information.